Thursday, December 23, 2010

What am I missing?

About two weeks ago, I mentioned to Vera that I was having forebodings of misfortune about to occur.  Before Christmas.  Now that nothing has happened, I think only that I've missed something.

Our early snowstorm cleared up and the weather has been seasonal.  Of course, other parts of  North America and Europe haven't been so fortunate.

The Christmas tree is up.  Presents are bought, wrapped, and sitting under it.  The turkey is thawing. Dinner trimmings, including finger food, are bought.  Baking of cookies and tarts is done. The dog has been to the groomer for her Christmas clip.  Carpets are vacuumed; floors are washed.  It's only the 23rd and my list of Christmas tasks is completed.  So much for forebodings, although we do have a couple of family situations which concern me, (largely out of my control).

Vera's friend Harry Klassen did pass away.  We went to Harry's "Celebration" on Saturday.  The hall was packed and his family was pleased.

Maybe I should work on New Year's resolutions.   

And wish everyone peace, prosperity, and a Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. Who cooked that turkey? Who carved it? I ordered one from the Sheraton for NT$3500 (around US$110). It came with with mashed potatoes, gravy, cherry pie and cranberry sauce. We made more mashed potatoes and garlic bread to supplement it. It wasn't totally cooked though, so we had to do some last minute cooking. Paul showed up and did the cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vera stuffed and cooked the turkey. I carved it. We had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots, brussels sprouts, and jello. Vera's daughter, son-in-law, grandson, and great grandson came.

    The other grandson, his family (plus the ones from Christmas) are coming for New Year's (ham dinner).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vera has a great-grandson? Wow! And well done. We've just come in from a couple of weeks in the Philippines. I'll post up soon. I'm catching up on my freelance right now.

    ReplyDelete